Want to plan a CHEFA event? Check out our complete event policy but basically just find another non-related CHEFA parent to co-host and email all the details to firstname.lastname@example.org , at least two weeks before the event.
Here’s a checklist of all the info we need in order to announce your event to the membership:
Eblast Info Checklist:
- Who: (Class or age group invited, ‘all ages’ welcome, etc)
- What: (Description of the event)
- Where: (Member home, public place, Locan)
- When: (Date and time)
- How much: (Cost)
- RSVP: (Contact information, is RSVP necessary to attend?, is payment due prior to the event?, etc.)
- Parents: (Two confirmed non-related parents need to be listed on eblast)
- Include the statement: CHEFA conduct and dress code applies
(You may also include a copyright-free image to be included with your eblast)
Other Eblast Info:
- We can not eblast ‘Save the Dates’. Please send in all required info with your request.
- Your event will be announced, via an email ‘eblast’, to the appropriate age group/class after we have received your info and OK’d the event on the next available ‘eblast’ date
- We’ll put it on the CHEFA calendar, the CHEFA Facebook page, and the website activity page/blog.
- It will be included on a ‘what’s happening this week’ eblast that will be sent to the entire membership the week of the event.
- A reminder eblast can be scheduled the day before the event. If you want a reminder email sent, please include the date and time you would like it re-sent and we will pre-schedule it to go out again.
- 2020-2021 Specific: The communication for the next week is scheduled Friday mornings so all requests (and text/images) need to be in by Friday mornings at 8am.
After your event has been announced:
- The week before your event (or sooner, if you need to verify membership and collect money), please contact email@example.com and ask for a list of CHEFA registered students for your group.
- Please do not allow non-CHEFA students to attend or receive group discounts.
- Make sure you have a copy of the CHEFA code of conduct and dress on hand at your event.
- Have fun and know that we really appreciate you planning a CHEFA event!!!
Go read our complete event policy!
-The CHEFA Board